locked JTAlert Crashes/Freezes Often

William D'Agostino

Hi Everyone,

First, JTAlert 2.16.8 is a great program, and "Thanks" to everyone who helped write, update, and maintain the program.  I've already made 3,000+ FT8 QSOs using WSJT-X and JTAlert.

I've been experiencing some strange behavior.

When starting JTAlert after starting WSJT-X 2.2.2 and AC Log 6.6, I will often get the following JTAlert error messages:

"Line 22794 Error: Variable used without being declared."

Inline image

Or, this error:

"Line 1380 Error: Variable used without being declared."

Inline image

In addition, almost every time after clicking on "OK" when changing a JTAlert "Setting" such as an alert setting or after scanning/rebuilding my log, the JTAlert program will either quit or freeze.

Last but not least, about 1 in every 15 logged QSOs, JTAlert won't display a "Grayed Call Sign with B4" after logging the QSO successfully.  Scanning/rebuilding JTAlert log will only fix this issue about 50% of the time.  But, as mentioned above, the JTAlert with quit or freeze when clicking on OK, requiring me to restart the program.

I have restarted my laptop several times, but that doesn't seem to fix anything. I've also tried re-installing JTAlert, WSJT-X and AC Log with no change.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I'm running:

Dell Latitude Laptop E6420; 64-bit; 8 GB; 2.80 GHz
Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
WSJT-X 2.2.2
AC Log 6.6
JTAlert 2.16.8
I'm not using CAT control for rig (i.e., rig is manually controlled)

Thanks,

Will
WB1DMK