locked Scan Log and Rebuild Kills my 'Wanted Settings'

scubajosh77@...

I'm going to start off this with a disclaimer that I'm brand new to JTAlert as of yesterday so it may very well be that I don't understand something correctly.  I'm using it with JTDX.  I have an .adif log setup specifically for JTAlert.  When I log a QSO with a new state, it doesn't remove it from my wanted list.  Also I tried to 'Scan Log and Rebuild' the JTAlert .adif file thinking that was how to update the wanted lists against the log, but doing so reset all of my wanted settings.  Have I mis-configured something?  I thought the whole point of the wanted lists was to keep track of your completed QSO goals?