locked Re: Color blind #FT8

g4wjs

On 15/07/2020 03:18, kk6mf@lbliss.com wrote:
Well.. Not that it right solution to help with color blindness, just a thought. The colors represent a lot of things, whether you work the operator before, New grid, New prefix, DX, someone calling/answering you, etc..  How can you differentiate them when you are color blind? At the same time, not eliminating color all together. The only thing I could come up with was a symbol.
It could be a W for worked, or Even a G for Green, or R for Red. With the Stay at Home restriction and 150 mile separation and not seeing his screen.
I'm at a loss to get him active and on the air, I'm open to any and all suggestions.

How are other Color Blind operators handling it?

Tnx, Larry - KK6MF
Larry,

in WSJT-X all those colours are user definable. Most colour blindness is an inability to differentiate two or three hues, others that are distinguishable can be selected. The highlights in WSJT-X for new DXCC, Continent, or Zones are all accompanied by a text description on the end of the line, Own Call should be obvious, so it seems to me that the only differentiable colours that need to be customized are those that denote CQ, New Call, New Call on Band, New Grid, and New Grid on Band.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Bill