locked Re: UDP Communications Failure/No JTAlert

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 1/07/2020 6:43 am, K5GLB wrote:
Everything was working fine before I set everything up for FD and had to change all of my setting to work with N3FJP FD. I probably have some parameter wrong, but I've messed with this for hours trying to get something to show up on JTAlert. Thanks for your help.

Gary K5GLB
Your settings look OK.

Perform a PC Restart as a first step.

If still no joy despite the correct settings, check that you don't have another application trying to use the WSJT-X UDP Server port (2237) which would prevent JTAlert from receiving UDP messages and ultimately throw the error dialog you are getting.

Another common problem is people running WSJT-X with elevated privileges, that is set to run as Administrator. There is no need to run WSJT-X elevated. Check both the wsjtx.exe file properties AND the shortcut used to start WSJT-X.

If you have another application auto-starting WSJT-X for you, make sure it is not running elevated as that setting will automatically be applied to any applications it starts.