Re: Did not log exchange correctly to Log4OM v2 #FT8

Michael Black

Actually I never checked Log4OM but Log4OM2 does look like you can select the contest ID and it may well parse it.
I just didn't think to even check for that.

Mike

On Monday, June 29, 2020, 11:54:37 PM CDT, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 30/06/2020 2:23 pm, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Don't know what all the other loggers do but probably the same behavior I'd think.  They just put in what they receive without addiontal interpretation.

N3FJP Contest loggers parse the SRX_STRING & STX_STRING fields to pull the class and sect data out or other fields depending on the Contest.

If a general purpose logger like Log4OM has a selector to set the contest_id but doesn't utilize the exchange data provided in the correct standard format for that particular contest, that's Log4OM's problem not mine.

I certainly wont be going down the path of extracting data from the correctly formatted standard contest exchanges provided by WSJT-X to accommodate the whims of general purpose loggers that cant or wont use the data despite having a contest_id selector set in their software.

JTAlert is acting as bridge for logging, passing through the data without alteration except for minor string formatting and ensuring the frequency is of the correct format, Hz, kHz or MHz depending on the logger involved.