Re: Did not log exchange correctly to Log4OM v2 #FT8

Michael Black

Nope...doesn't appear there's any attempt to parse that info.

Don't know what all the other loggers do but probably the same behavior I'd think.  They just put in what they receive without addiontal interpretation.

Mike

On Monday, June 29, 2020, 05:44:16 PM CDT, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 29/06/2020 11:44 pm, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
I do see that the contest_id is being sent by WSJT-X but JTALert is not using it for it's own ADIF record along with the class and arrl_sect too.

That's because that data, "contest_id", "class" & "arrl_sect" are not included in the wsjtx UDP QSO Logged message (#5) which JTAlert has always used for logging. Only the SRX_STRING & STX_STRING fields are available in message #5.

The class and arrl_sect data are part of the standard SRX_STRING & STX_STRING fields which the Logger should use to populate based on its knowledge of the contest in question.

I see that Log4OM has a Contest mode where you tell it the contest id, does it not automatically populate the class and arrl_sect fields based on what is received in the SRX_STRING field?

With the differences in the #5 & #12 UDP messages (#12 data not available in the #5 data)
it looks like I need to change JTAlert to use the "Logged ADIF" message (#12) in future.