Re: Decodes window not always populating

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 29/06/2020 8:12 am, W4WT wrote:
Just to check and make sure I'm doing this like you are, I'm opening the Sound Control Panel, highlighting the default playback sound device, right clicking, selecting properties, and changing the name that appears above the "change icon" button, and clicking OK.
Yes, that's how I am doing it.

After you change the name, close Control Panel and then open it again, is the friendly name still changed? If so that indicates that something that is run as part of the Windows startup is reverting the changes.

Sorry, I can't offer any concrete suggestions as to a fix.