Re: ACL, JTAlert, and Port 1100

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 29/06/2020 12:11 pm, W5BT via groups.io wrote:
The fact that ACL was working fine, I didn't realize I hadn't changed the folder location till later. I went back and opened the database and all contacts were ACL and not in the FD log.
JTAlert sends logging commands to the N3FJP logger (ACLog or FD) on the standard 1100 port. As to which logger the QSO ends up in that depends on which logger is running and has the 1100 port API service running. JTAlert doesn't know which Logger is active and receiving. JTAlert only needs to know the actual log file used, and thus the need for changing when switching loggers, is when it performs a QSO was logged check AND for all B4 checks. If you fail to switch the N3FJP log path in JTAlert after you switch loggers you will likely see previously worked Callsigns not flagged as B4s and get repeated "Unable to confirm QSO was logged" messages.