locked Re: Decodes window not always populating

W4WT

Sorry for the late reply.  Been working on a project for several days.

I'm not sure why my "friendly name" clears when I reboot the computer but it does every time.  I've tried just adding a word in front of whats there and even changing the complete name to a shorter one and it reverts every time I reboot.  Just to check and make sure I'm doing this like you are, I'm opening the Sound Control Panel, highlighting the default playback sound device, right clicking, selecting properties, and changing the name that appears above the "change icon" button, and clicking OK.

Joe