locked Field Day - FT8/FT4

D. Scott MacKenzie

All:

Modest effort this year – actually the first FD that I have actually been in country for the past 5 years or so.  It was a completely FT4/FT8 effort.  I used WSJT-X, JT-Alert and DXLabs for signal capture and logging.    Using a brick for a processor (I7-4770), Win10, 32Gb Ram and other miscellaneous hardware, I was able to make an all-digital FD without any issues, other than those self-inflicted.   Software worked as advertised without any error or hic-ups.  I was able to make contacts on each band 6M – 80M on either FT4 or FT8.  Everything worked just fine.

My results were less than stellar in terms of a body count, but that is the result of crap antennas.  All in all, for the couple of hours that I devoted to FD, it was a digital success.

Scott, aka kb0fhp