From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hasan Schiers N0AN
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 10:01 AM
To: Support <Support@hamapps.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Decodes window not always populating

Same here, Friendly Name Change of Sound Device has stayed over many reboots and updates on 3 different computers,  Win10 Pro.

73, N0AN

Hasan

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 10:00 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 22/06/2020 12:25 pm, W4WT wrote:

Well, it looks like the "friendly name change" is only good until you reboot.  Then it reverts back to its system name.  Thus it doesn't really help much.  I'll just have to remember to change to the correct sound output in JTAlert when I start it up if I've rebooted.

That's not normal. All the sound devices on my Ham PC have had the friendly name changes and they have never changed/reverted after many reboots and Windows updates. Did you update the sound driver by any chance, perhaps that reverted the names.