locked Re: [Ham-Apps] Re: JT-Alert window width

Sam Morgan

I changed the number of calls displayed from 8 to 6
and the window width never changes
only the width of the individual station callsign windows changes
so depending on the font size used by the user......

& since this would be a 'drag the window edge' type 'user' option
I don't see where it would hurt those who wanted the
number of callsigns shown to remain as is??

On 5/9/2013 3:45 AM, g4ilo wrote:
I don't see how you could shrink JT-Alert-X without reducing the number of
calls it displays. I'd rather it stays as it is rather than lose information
in order to make it smaller.

Julian, G4ILO

--- In Ham-Apps@yahoogroups.com.au, Sam Morgan <k5oai.sam@...> wrote:

that's great Ed, but what I need is the reverse I need to gain desktop real
estate I need to shrink JT-Alert-X so it will match the minimum width of
the WSJT-X window

With the help of Julian VK4CMV I am now able to run both WSJT-X & JT65-HF
at the same time by using the main and secondary receiver in my K3

this way I can watch both modes, and I can tx on the main for JT65 or tx in
split for JT9

no more deciding which mode I wan to play on for the day

On 5/8/2013 3:46 PM, Ed Wilson wrote:

Sam,

The latest version of WSJT-X can be extended horizontally to match
JT-Alert-X. The same goes for the waterfall, but you will have to play
with the settings to get all 1 KHz to show and when you do, you will have
a black area to the right with no waterfall. I have all three of my
windows aligned in this fashion, but the waterfall only extends to 2 KHz
and the black area I mentioned extends from 2.0 KHz to 2.3 KHz.

Ed, K0KC

*From:* Sam Morgan <k5oai.sam@...>
*To:* Ham-Apps@yahoogroups.com.au *Sent:* Wednesday, May 8, 2013 4:00 PM
*Subject:* [Ham-Apps] JT-Alert window width

Laurie you know you've about got it perfected when you start getting
requests like this one.

The default JT-Alert window width matches the JT65-HF & JT65-HF Comfort
window widths exactly.

However the width of the JT-Alert windows width for JT9-X extends out
beyond the WSJT-X window width.

...and so its far right end, ends up under another window would it be
possible to make the JT-Alert window widths match the 2 different WSJT
and JT65 window widths, dependent on which one it was working with?

TIA
--

GB & 73
K5OAI