locked Re: JTAlert Scan / Rebuild out of sync with LOTW

Craig

Mike - thanks for your note / help.  I was speculating that updating HRD with QSO's not currently noted from LOTW would be the means of rectifying this... just was hoping that there might be a scan option to upgrade the data rather than to replace / rebuild.  Using the awards selections in LOTW, the callsigns of the needed entries are noted and if selected, the detailed contact info disclosed.  So all is there... just a manual process to do it once, as you noted.  Thanks Mike.

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 1:56 PM Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The real way to fix this is to update your HRD log to contain the QSLs.  It's painful but you only have to do it once....then you back it up and that becomes your reference point.

LOTW is a horrible source for archive as it only carries confirmed LOTW entries.  It also doesn't know anything about card checks either (yet...that's supposed to be fixed on the next major release of LOTW in the fall).

You don't have a backup log anywhere?  Have you used any other web sources like eQSL or Clublog?

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, June 19, 2020, 12:50:16 PM CDT, Craig <nz4cwcraig@...> wrote:

I have been using LOTW as THE source for my logged contacts, confirmations and awards.  Using LOTW, I have changed logs over the many years, and not all of my contacts and confirmations reside in my HRD logbook.  It has not been an issue in the past.  But now since I cannot get enough of JTAlert, when I do a JTAlert scan log and rebuild it all works fine from HRD as selected, but then is out of sync with what is reported in LOTW.  At that point, I have to manually update the band, modes and DXCC information which I have set as enabled in JTAlert.  This is tedious each day.

So I have a dilemma as I am not always confident that the alerts from JTAlert are accurate.  Have others addressed this issue?

73's  Craig
NZ4CW