locked Re: Decodes Fatal Error

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/06/2020 10:38 am, WB8ASI Herb wrote:
Audio Alerts are still getting their first half clipped off...even when testing the Alerts.  73 Herb WB8ASI

Herb,

Truncated audio is usually a Sound Device issue. Likely the device is being put into a power-save mode and the first sound it receives is waking it up but the first part is lost. Check your Sound driver settings and see if it has applied a power-save setting.

As a Test, perform 3 test sound operations, one after another, are all three sounds truncate or only the first played?

What sound device are you using? Is it an NVidia by any chance? If so, they are notorious for applying a power-save to the card, but not providing a user option via its driver settings to disable or adjust the setting. Only a Registry hack can provide a temporary fix, eventually being reset again. I solved this problem with my Nvidia HDMI device by changing the driver to the Microsoft High-Definition driver.