locked Re: v2.16.7 No Sound - Realtec - Windows 10 - WSJT-X v2.2.1

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 17/06/2020 11:25 pm, John wrote:
Laurie,

Here's what I get on both computers

JTAlert Instance????? : #1

JTAlertV2.Manager status
(2020-06-17 13:14:21 utc)
Audio????????? : Initialized : YES

John

John,

OK, the non-initialized Audio module is not the problem.

Lets focus on one PC only now that I know it is not a multiple instance issue.

Choose one of your PCs, Run JTAlert as normal. All the following tests can be performed from the Sound menu, there is no need to open the Settings window.
  • Wait for 30 seconds after JTAlert startup then check the list of sound devices under the "Sound -> Select Output Device" menu, they should all be listed normally without any 32 character truncation of the device name.

  • Use the "Test Sound Output" menu 3 times, if there is no sound played, temporarily choose a different device (it doesn't need to produce sound) and repeat the "Test Sound Output" 3 times. Now switch back to the correct device and again perform the test 3 times. Does the sound now play?

  • If there is still no sound played after going through the test play -> switch device -> test play -> switch device back to original -> test play sequence use the "Help" (or "? ") -> "Contact Support" menu, on the main JTAlert window, to send me your JTAlert files for analysis.