locked Re: Decodes window not always populating

g4wjs

On 16/06/2020 03:04, W4WT wrote:
Hi Laurie,

Changed option to delete records at startup and so far, it has worked five times straight.  Will continue to watch it.

I have another problem.  It regards sound.  It looks like JTAlert is only looking for so many characters in a sound devices name to select it.  I'm guessing around 31 max.  I have two sound devices with the same name for the first 31 characters.  One is named "VoiceMeeter VAI03 Input (VB-Audio VoiceMeeter VAIO3" and one is named "VoiceMeeter VAI03 Input (VB-Audio Virtual Cable".  The correct one for Sound is the first one; not the cable.  I see JTAlert shows only the first 31 characters of the name and I assume that is resulting in it selecting the "cable" rather than the correct sound selection that I tell it to use.

Could you take a look at this?  It causes me to have to re-select the sound device everytime I start JTAlert.

Thanks,

Joe W4WT
Hi Joe,

that is probably all Windows offers to the application. Try renaming the sound devices to something shorter and more meaningful to you.

Bill
G4WJS.