locked Re: v2.16.7 No Sound - Realtec - Windows 10 - WSJT-X v2.2.1

Norbert Graf - DD3KF

Hi Laurie,

hi All,

Since a few days I have also had problems with the audio alerts via JTAlert. Possibly after a Windows 10 64 bit update.

According to my observations, this seems to be a problem of Windows 10 and not of JTAlert, because I haven't had any audio output outside of JTAlert since that time.

I remembered many weeks ago someone suggested a solution. I have implemented this.

What have I done?

I installed a cheap USB sound stick (less than 10 US $) and declared this stick as the default device in the sound mixer.  The stick is not used operational.

After that I get audio alerts from JTAlert again via my Realtek High Definition Audio device.

Maybe other JTAlert users can solve the sound problem in this or a similar way.

73!

Norbert Graf

52078 Aachen