locked Re: Download ver 2.16.7 immediately getting removed by Norton

Jim N6VH

On 6/10/2020 9:13 AM, Glen Jenkins WB4KTF wrote:
My Norton is warning of a TROJAN then deletes the file in an instant before I can do anything, this never happened before.  Sure my antivirus always asked if I was SURE that I wanted to download and Install the JTAlert software, but I was still able to install all of the previous versions for the past few years.  Now, for the first time, NORTON, is trapping and removing the file just after it downloads.
--
Glen, WB4KTF, Austin, TX
_._,_._,_

This is interesting. Yesterday (June 9 in the USA) I downloaded and installed 2.16.7 with no problems from Norton. Today, as a test, I downloaded the same setup file, and Norton trapped it as a virus. There have been several updates from Norton since I installed it. It was listed as a generic as Trojan.GEN.MBT. I sent it to Norton, so we'll see what happens. Since I was able to install it yesterday, and have excluded the JTalert folders from Norton, it hasn't caused me any further problems.

73,

Jim N6VH