locked Re: download ver 2.16.6

Michael Black

Exclude all of your ham software folders and data locations.
The antivirus programs are interfering with all sorts of ham stuff including logging QSOs

For Windows Defender: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028485/windows-10-add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security

For example I exclude all of these
c:\Program Files (x86)\HamApps
c:\ProgramData\HamApps
c:\WSJT\WSJTX\bin
%LOCALAPPDATA%\WSJT-X (and any other WSJT-X directories)
%HOMEPATH%\flrig.files
%HOMEPATH%\fldigi.files

Exclude your logging program and it's data files too.
For Log4OM and Log4OM2 I also have
%LOCALDATA%\LogOM
%APPDATA%\LogOM2

On Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 10:24:30 AM CDT, Andrew Buza <kf6lu@...> wrote:

Thanks Neil for the reply.  For over a year I've been able to able to upgrade both JTalert and WSJTx without a problem.  I'm using win 10 64 bit, with ESAT as my antivirus. Run Log4Om ver2. with Omnirig for CAT. If I just run JTalert 2.16.7 the download stops with one second to go and hangs.  Turning off ESAT I can download and get the program to run.  Then if I turn off my PC and then restart later, the desktop icon has disappeared but the program still shows in Add or remove Programs.
Today I'm going thru all messages here with the topic of "exclusion".  Hopefully I can learn how to get all working again. Should I just exclude the program or the entire JTalert folder?  Always something new to learn with these darn PC's..