locked Re: JTAlert 2.16.7 not logging Country field in HRD #HRD

David De Coons

Too many typos in my first post. Moral of the story, don’t use the phone to type 😊

Dave wo2x

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alfred Reeves
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 6:41 AM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] JTAlert 2.16.7 not logging Country field in HRD #HRD

Great point Dave..  I have found the same issue with many hams that I have helped to solve problems..

Al
W1JHU

On 6/10/2020 6:29 AM, David De Coons wrote:

I am running HRD 6.7.277, JTAlert 2.16.7, and WSJT-X.

Country logging is working. Also 100% of the QSOs are logged.

I help friends set this up and when I see the intermittent logging it is almost always due to the computer ewsources (CPU/RAM) being insufficient. I had one person trying to run everything on a 10 year old Fujitsi tablet with 4 GB ram. The OS was accessing the swap file so much everything would freezes every few minutes.

Another friend was using a USB to HDMI adapter on his laptop to drive a 42” TV as a monitor. There wasn’t enough data throuput for the video.

In most cases once hardware upgrades were performed the amount ofbdecodes permcycle went up substantially. On 20 meters yhe last few days i am getting over 36 decodes on many cycles.

First thing to check is CPU. Anything over peaks of 60% usage consistently should be considered for an upgrade. Second is RAM, minimum of 8 GB is needed to accompdate the OS and programs.

For those having issues with HRD, the latest version as of this writing is 6.7.277, not 275. Also check your cpu and ram usage in Task Manager. Hit CTRT-ALT-DEL and choose Task Manager. Also try turning off the color notifications and see if it maes a difference in intermittent logging.

Dave wo2x

On Jun 10, 2020, at 2:46 AM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 10/06/2020 4:25 pm, Kyle K7KE wrote:

I am using the latest versions of HRD and JTAlert. JTAlert is set to log to HRD, the latest version. But randomly JTAlert fails to log some QSOs to HRD. Then some QSOs will be logged. Then some will not. As a test, when I run GridTracker (for an extended period of time) instead of JTAlert, all QSOs are logged. I am baffled. I prefer JTAlert to GT, but can't figure out why some QSOs are not logged.

Kyle
K7KE

Kyle,

What version of WSJT-X or is it JTDX? Please quote the actual version number, not "the latest". Thanks