locked Re: JTAlert 2.16.7 is available

John Petrocelli

I ran into a similar issue with the download.

I turned off "Avast", successfully downloaded, turned on "Avast" & then installed successfully.

Environment is Win 7 64-bit and not running defender.
John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
Primary Home Page:
   http://wa2hip.com
On 6/9/2020 11:30 AM, Hasan Schiers N0AN wrote:
Further hints: For Defender
...and spare us the "Defender sucks" comments.  This is advice for those who run Defender and are staying with it.

On another machine Chrome blocked it but allowed me to let it continue after I read the warning at the file download window.

If you can't get the file to download at all:

(Do this ONLY if you are confident that the file is safe) Any file from Laurie is SAFE as far as I am concerned)

Virus & Threat Protection > Manage Settings >

1. Turn Real-time protection OFF
2. Turn Cloud-delivered OFF
3. Turn Automatic sample submission OFF
4. Turn Tamper Protection OFF

(Do this ONLY if you are confident that the file is safe) Any file from Laurie is SAFE as far as I am concerned)

Download the file

Then turn all of the above back ON
73, N0AN
Hasan

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 5:51 AM Hasan Schiers N0AN via groups.io <hbasri.schiers6=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
2.16.7 Downloaded and Installed without any issues with Win10Pro and Windows Defender, as long as

1. Windows Defender is Up to Date and...

2. Proper exclusions were set up ahead of time (and they have been for months)

Running just fine on two different machines.

73, N0AN
Hasan

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 3:51 AM <dk1wb@...> wrote:
Laurie,
Windows Defender warned that Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!cl was found in
x86)\HamApps\JTAlert\plugins\JTAlertSettings.exe and deleted it.
Please confirm.
73,
Hans, DK1WB

Carlos Reboreda schrieb am 09.06.2020 10:18 (GMT +02:00):

Hi all,

My experience here is the same… when there are abt 100 Kb left to finish the download, the ESET (for the first time) cancels the download, because it has detected something dangerous on dnl.hamapps.com … I’m not saying that this is the real matter, I just describe what ESET is doing about this download. I’m user of this antivirus for more tan 15 years, every euro i pay every

year for it is worth it. I tried the download with Opera, Edge and Chrome, so I think it isn’t a matter of the web browser you use. Lets see if there any other members experimenting the same

problem or it happens to be a false detection.

73 to all!

Carlos R.

EA1DWI

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10