locked Re: Question on audio alert options by band

Tom Melvin

Hassan

Remember to add M% for UK as well

Tom

On 6 Jun 2020, at 01:49, Hasan Schiers N0AN <hbasri.schiers6@...> wrote:

I do exactly that for 6 meters vs. HF. I have a Miscellaneous Alerts file using the wildcard matching symbol "%"

Since I want to know if 6m is open for virtually any DX, I use a lot of single letter matching, for example:

8% Barbados and Maldive Islands etc.
9%  covers 9A and  9N as well as others like 9Y and 9Z
J% covers Japan and J68
C% covers Cuba, Chile , Bahamas. Etc.
D% covers Germany and Cape Verde and Philipines etc
G% covers UK etc
P% covers Brazil, Brazil, Netherlands
S% covers Croatia, Sweden, Poland, Western Sahara
KH% for Hawaii and Pacific
KL% for Alaska (still needed on 6m)
VK%
Z% Albania,   New Zealand, Gibraltar,  etc

These can be placed in a text file, single line separated by commas and imported with one button press:

C%,D%,G%  and so on

The goal was to be alerted by every area except USA and Canada if heard on 6 meters.

Use on HF to test your filter entries, then keep off (uncheck enable in miscellaneous filters). When you want 6m alerts for any DX,  just check the enable box.

73, N0AN

Hasan

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020, 3:14 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 6/06/2020 4:07 am, Paul AC9O wrote:
I think I know the answer, but will ask anyway.

Is there any way to select audio alerts by band?

I have audio alerts for DXCC, Zone, Continent, etc on all bands. Also have alerts turned on for Prefix, Grid on all bands.

Audio grid alerts on HF bands would be fairly constant and annoying. I prefer just to see the alert color.

However, on VHF, I would like to hear alerts, especially if I am away from the desk. But I can't find any settings by band for audio.

Not a big deal, but can always hope!

Thanks for all the great work!

73
Paul, AC9O

Simplest solution is to click the "Sound" menu to "Sound OFF" to mute the sounds when on HF and turn them back on when on VHF.

If your running multiple JTAlert instances, say one on HF and one on VHF, then turn the Sounds off (via the main window menu) on the HF instance and leave the Sounds on for the VHF instance.

There is also the opinion to restrict Alert sounds to specific UTC hours.