locked Re: wsjtx rig setting when using jtalert

neil_zampella

Norm,

If you used HRD to control the rig before, continue to do so.   Just turn OFF the ACLog settings that have it access CAT control.   GIving it access is usually fine when using other digital and non-digital modes, but you want WSJT-X to have CAT control so it can utilize the rig SPLIT settings, as well as set the band and frequency changes .

As far as setting up ACLog with JT-Alert it is as simple as going into settings, under the LOGGING section, selecting the ACLog page, and turning on the "Enable ACLog Logging", make sure that the 'Local PC' radio button is checked, and then JT-Alert should be ready to go.   You may have to close and restart JT-Alert so it can read the ACLog configuration to pick up the location of your log files, but that's about it.

I don't use ACLog but based on other users who do, it is a snap to setup.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 10:24 PM, Norm wrote:

Icom7600. Win 10 64. Want to connect Wsjtx to ACL. I don’t know how to tell Jr alert to report to ACL.  And does ACL still control the rig?
I’m accustomed to using HRD with WSJT.  Where HRD is set as the rig.
Thanks for any help.

toggle quoted messageShow quoted text

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 10:03 PM Dave Garber <ve3wej@...> wrote:
What rig do you have