locked Re: Callsign Display Decays

neil_zampella

Bob,

1.   you've just turned off the switch that lets sends informatoni to PSK Reporter to let other stations know you can hear them, and what signal report is calculated at your location.   This often helps other operators know how they're doing, and what the propagation is like.

2.   You don't have access to the FT4 mode, which is the faster contesting mode introduced in v2.1.x.   Also, the FT8 protocol was moved to GMSK modulation which is backwards compatible, but has improved the mode in many ways.

As Laurie says, you are showing issues that have been fixed in both WSJT-X and JT-Alert.    Finally, the new version of WSJT-X has come out that has a much improved FT8 decoder with a three pass system that has improved sensitivity tremendously.  Users are decoding signals now that were normally left under the noise floor.

I realize its up to you what you want to do, but you're shortchanging yourself on this, and we just wanted to point that out.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 07:14 PM, Bob Craig wrote:

Thank you all.

I found the PSKReporter switch and turned it off.

I also reverted to JTAlert 2.12.8 which is once again working just fine with the updated Callsign database which is all I really wanted to do in the first place.

Sorry for the trouble.