locked Re: JT Alert V 2.16.6 Program quits

Bill Hicks

Laurie,

I have turned off all alerts and it will run just fine.  I will keep trying various things and let you know if I am able to figure out any combination that works.

Is there a error log on my computer for the protection software you mention that I could glean some insight from?

I have two version installed in different folders but I have had that before with no issues.

The program is absolutely great and makes the mode very enjoyable. Thank you for all your hard work on it.

 Bill

On Jun 5, 2020, at 9:44 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 6/06/2020 8:25 am

I have a windows 10 enterprise 64 bit system running wsjtx 2.2.0 with jt alert 2.16.6.  Jt alert keeps cutting out every so often with the program just closing on its own.  Any thoughts?  It is cutting out when I get the calling you message meaning a station responds and it it immediately crashes. It’s not RF as I can call all I want.

Sorry OM,

I have no idea what is happening your end. If there is a problem playing sound, the only process that should be affected is the JTALertV2.Manager.exe process, it is responsible for all audio output. If the Manager process crashes or is forced closed, JTAlert will detect that and automatically start a new process. With the main JTAlert executable closing without any prior error indication suggests to me that your PC protection software is likely interfering with it running and force closing JTAlert.