locked Re: JT Alert V 2.16.6 Program quits

John L. Broughton

On 6/06/2020 8:25 am

I have a windows 10 enterprise 64 bit system running wsjtx 2.2.0 with jt alert 2.16.6.  Jt alert keeps cutting out every so often with the program just closing on its own.  Any thoughts?  It is cutting out when I get the calling you message meaning a station responds and it it immediately crashes. It’s not RF as I can call all I want.

Sorry OM,

I have no idea what is happening your end. If there is a problem playing sound, the only process that should be affected is the JTALertV2.Manager.exe process, it is responsible for all audio output. If the Manager process crashes or is forced closed, JTAlert will detect that and automatically start a new process. With the main JTAlert executable closing without any prior error indication suggests to me that your PC protection software is likely interfering with it running and force closing JTAlert.

de Laurie VK3AMA

I'm running JTAlert 2.16.6 and just upgraded WSJT-X to 2.2.0 today and am running Windows 10.

I have seen JTAlert close all by itself a very few times. I just restart it and all is well. I also have had the sound quit even though it is turned on. That happens rather infrequently. Closing and reopening the program solves that problem.

I just chalk these thing up to software glitches. They don't occur often enough to be a real problem for me.

73,

John, WB9VGJ