locked Re: Non-coloring of WSJT-X 2.2.0 -rc decodes by JTAlert - cause identified.

Tony Dixon G4CJC

Edited

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 01:55 PM, Tony Dixon G4CJC wrote:
On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 11:41 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
I finally tracked down the JTAlert non-coloring of decodes in the release candidates.
WSJT-X2.1.2 works correctly, but the -rcs don't when the decode string contains a positive report. Reports that are negative are colored correctly.
Tested both rc2 & rc3

eg.

"AA1AA VK3AMA +12" & "AA1AA VK3AMA R+12" - FAIL

"AA1AA VK3AMA -12" & "AA1AA VK3AMA R-12" - OK

JTAlert sending the coloring command containing the "VK3AMA R-12" string correctly colors while "VK3AMA R+12" fails with the only difference is the number sign in the string sent to WSJT-X.

This report has already been sent to the WSJT-X dev-list.

de Laurie VK3AMA

 Wow, kudos to you Laurie. Even when I knew what to look for it took me ages to spot.
Where did you get the clues for that one?
All the best
Tony G4CJC
This fault persists in the latest version of WSJT-X v2.2

Tony G4CJC