locked Re: Non-coloring of WSJT-X 2.2.0 -rc decodes by JTAlert - cause identified.

Tony Dixon G4CJC

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 11:41 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
I finally tracked down the JTAlert non-coloring of decodes in the release candidates.
WSJT-X2.1.2 works correctly, but the -rcs don't when the decode string contains a positive report. Reports that are negative are colored correctly.
Tested both rc2 & rc3

eg.

"AA1AA VK3AMA +12" & "AA1AA VK3AMA R+12" - FAIL

"AA1AA VK3AMA -12" & "AA1AA VK3AMA R-12" - OK

JTAlert sending the coloring command containing the "VK3AMA R-12" string correctly colors while "VK3AMA R+12" fails with the only difference is the number sign in the string sent to WSJT-X.

This report has already been sent to the WSJT-X dev-list.

de Laurie VK3AMA

 Wow, kudos to you Laurie. Even when I knew what to look for it took me ages to spot.
Where did you get the clues for that one?
All the best
Tony G4CJC