locked Re: More than 36 decodes

John L. Broughton

One consideration.

I started using eQSL, I hadn't been aware of it, when I got an email from a guy who worked me and told me he needed Arizona for an award on eQSL and asked me to join. I did join and then he informed me I had to be an Authenticated User for our QSO to count for an award, so I became one. I'm glad I did.

<soapbox>
Personally, I wish everyone used eQSL, LoTW and QRZ as I really like collecting awards on all three (check out my QRZ page).

My pet peeve is hams that refuse to use LoTW, eQSL or QRZ. I exchanged email with a ham in Europe who brags about all his DXCC awards on his QRZ page, but who refuses to QSL online. One would think he could appreciate what it means to other hams to get a QSL for a needed country, state, etc.

On 5/27/2020 7:07 AM, Jim Nuytens via groups.io wrote:
I agree. For example, I filter out anyone who is not on eQSL. Makes life a lot easier.

On 5/27/2020 00:47, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:

IMHO, 36 displayed Callsigns is too many. It is a chaotic mess of multiple colored callsigns. A better option is to filter out most of the unwanted Callsigns. Use the Alert Filters to help reduce the number displayed.