locked Re: Updating Wanted Grids

David De Coons

Looking at the colors in WSJT-X it matches wanted grid. We have tried to reset the color alerts to default and uncheck grids, then restart both WSJT-X and JTALERT.

I will have him test the wanted state filter. That is usually yellow, not orange. But we will check that anyway just in case.

As I stated his issue is we imported his log from DX4WIN to HRD Logbook but nothing in the DX4WIN log had grid info. I am trying to get him into the 21st century and start using QRZ XML lookup.

73
Dave wo2x

Sent from my waxed string and tin cans.

On May 26, 2020, at 9:15 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 27/05/2020 11:02 am, David De Coons wrote:

We turned off the color notification for wanted grids and the black on yellow ?or brown, depending on PC monitor) still show up as wanted grids. He would prefer on HF bands to not receive notifications of new grids. He was using DX4WIN and that program was not configured for XML lookups so all his entries except 6 meters do not have grid information.

I hope this better explains he would prefer to turn off notifications of new grids.

73
Dave wo2x

Are you sure the black on yellow is a Grid alert and not some other alert type being generated? How are you determining it is a grid alert?
What does the "Alert Types Summary Windows" show you regarding the Alert colors, is Black on Yellow a Grid Alert or is it the default Wanted State Alert?