locked Re: Saving configs

John Petrocelli

I do have a simple CMD file that will backup the config file(s).
It simply copies the file(s) to a backup directory and appends the date & time to the file name.
Thus, one can have very many backups thru time as one chooses.

If interested, AND with Laurie's OK I shall be happy to share this very simple CMD file with instructions to set it up.

John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP
Primary Home Page:
   http://wa2hip.com
On 5/21/2020 12:28 AM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 21/05/2020 9:52 am, Jeff Campbell wrote:
Thanks Laurie.  I've located the files but I'm not sure how I should revert to one of the earlier configs.  Is it just a matter of selecting the desired one (based on the time and date) and renaming it config.sqlite or is that incorrect?

Jeff - G4IUA
Yes, just rename the backup file to config.sqlite after first stopping JTAlert

BTW, the future JTAlertV3 allows for restoring the config from a backup file while JTAlert is running, but that is not possible within the current code.