locked Re: More "no sound" problems

Rob Kivell

ED, not sure if you are using WIN10 or not. If you are try this:

Take your pointer and hover over the microphone icon on your bottom tray. It will indicate the App or program that is currently using the microphone.

Next thing to do is click on the microphone and it will take you to the microphone settings page

Make sure ALLOW Apps to access your microphone is turned ON

Next scroll down the page to ALLOW desk top apps to access your microphone and turn on

Next scroll all the apps listed below and make sure wsjtx is listed. Finally, if all is set correctly and you have wsjtx activated it should indicate in red:
Currently in use

Hope this helps if not it might help someone else.

Good luck

Rob kk4eun

On May 20, 2020, at 10:53 AM, lmeeny <emachak@...> wrote:

Peter,

Your suggestion's  a good one. An incorrect PC setting would explain my problem. I looked for a specific PC setting that  enables or disables speaker use by JTALERT but could not find one. Can you suggest where I should look?

Thank you,

Ed W2GHD.

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 09:59 AM, Peter van IJperen wrote:
Take care no checks are by properties playing and recording..... Listen to this device..... My was ticked and this override the soundcard.  73 de PC1Y. Peter