locked JT Alert Installation problem

Jim Cary

I downloaded and installed version 2.16.5.

When I clicked on the desktop icon to start the program, I received the message "The item 'JTAlert.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly."  Do you want to delete the shortcut?

When I open the folder where JTAert was installed -- c:\JTAlert, I do not see a JTALert,exe file.  I do see a JTAlert.OLD.  When I open that folder I get a message that JTAlert started directly or with an incorrect shortcut and it asks me to select the JT mode application that JTAlert will use.  When I click on the WSJT-X button version 2.16.5 does start up.

FYI the operating system is Windows 10

Any idea as to what is happening?

I have deleted and re-download several times, with the same result.

Jim
W2SM