locked Re: Text Message Window 'Offline' ??

Monty Wilson, NR0A

My experience is the lack of an underline does not necessarily mean the other ham is not receiving text messages or is not using JTAlert.  I have texted non-underlined calls and received a reply and received text messages from call that are not underlined.

Monty, NR0A

Jwilson16@...

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of neil_zampella
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2020 10:32 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Text Message Window 'Offline' ??

Just because they're in the band activity window, doesn't mean that they're using JT-Alert.  The only way you know that they're using JT-Alert and have text messaging turned on is that the displayed callsign in JT-Alert is UNDERLINED.   I suspect all those callsigns were not using JT-Alert.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 10:15 PM, Mike Rhodes wrote:

es, 2.16.5 and I received a test message from N2MLP and it showed 'online'. Sent a reply so we will see if it made it thru. However, I put several calls that I copied from the 'band activity' window and all showed 'offline'. I have rebooted but have not done a cold start which often clears those really 'off the wall' issues. Hopefully that will clear this mystery up.

Thanks,
Mike / W8DN

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.