locked Re: JT Alerts V2.16.5 Won't Run

Michael Black

It sounds like your antivirus removed.
Find out how to make an exclusion for your antivirus and reinstall.

de Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, May 16, 2020, 02:37:57 PM CDT, tom <ke0aba@...> wrote:

Sorry to bother with this but am at a loss as to how to resolve my issue.
The issue is that JT Alerts V2.16.5 won't run.
Windows 10 throws an error message stating that the shortcut is not longer valid.

On a Win10 search, attempts to load the JT Alerts app result in the same error as do attempts to run with administrator rights.
Attempts to uninstall/reinstall JT Alerts yielded the same results.

I was happily running LOG4OM V1.41.0.0, with JT Alerts and WSJT-X logging thousands of QSO's for several years with no issues on this PC.
This mess all started when I upgraded to LOG4OM V2 this week. It needed a new version of JT Alerts to interface to it because LOG4OM V2 was not a logging option in JT Alerts V2.12 that I was running, at shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g75H9nYks8

I also upgraded to WSJT-X V2.1.2, 64 bit. It ran fine. Thinking the 64 bit version was causing issues with JT Alerts, I uninstalled the 64 bit version and installed the 32 bit version of WSJT-X. It runs fine too but no change to JT Alerts issue.  I know - an egregious sin.  I changed more than one thing at a time.

There were no other changes to the PC between version installation attempts.  I run McAfee, Defender and Malwarebytes on a vanilla Dell XPS laptop with the config shown below.

Copy of my system info:

I have never before witnessed this behavior from Win 10.  Hoping someone can point out the obvious that has escaped me thus far.
Thanks in advance.
73,
de Tom
KE0ABA