locked Re: More "no sound" problems

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/05/2020 8:30 am, lmeeny wrote:
I'm using JTALERT 2.16.5 under WIN 10. Sounds are enabled. In JTALERT the output sound card selection is the Realtek High Def audio source. When running sound card test no output is heard. However a warning sound is played  and an error message displayed asking me if I want to leave without saving changes. I assume Windows is playing the sound. Device Manager indicates the sound device is working properly.

Suggestions appreciated.

Ed W2GHD
Performing a Test Sound operation should not close any open windows. It simply sends a UDP message to the always running (hidden) JTALertV2.Manager process.

Where are you performing the Test Sound operation? Is it via the "Sound -> Test Sound Output" menu of the main JTAlert window or via the "Test Play" button of the Settings window?