locked Re: Logging failures do not update worked before information

g4wjs

On 12/05/2020 07:22, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 11/05/2020 9:37 pm, g4wjs wrote:

I am using DXKeeper for logging. My delay before checking is set to 8 seconds which is perfectly adequate 99% or more of the time, but occasionally when my machine is particularly busy it trips up. Thanks for the tip on clearing the B4 cache. How about my suggestion of a "Retry" button alongside the "Ok" button on the error message about not confirming the logging success, in my case that would cover all the cases as far as I know, assuming a successful retry that finds the logged QSO goes on to update the worked B4 cache in JTAlert.

73
Bill
G4WJS

Bill,

Do you have DXKeeper set to auto-upload new QSOs to one or more online-logbooks? If so, that is a likely cause of the occasional extended logging times. That has been experience by JTAlert/DXKeeper users in the past.

Regarding a "Retry" button, that would seem to be the most sensible if it wasn't' for the code I have to work with. All the logging code is in the main JTAlert executable and runs on the UI thread. A Retry will involve a database access and a timeout value (if the lookup was unsuccessful), both of which will block the main thread. I am hesitant to add further blocking code. I will give it some thought.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Hi Laurie,

thanks for that, the online lookups are most probably the issue as I have a WiFi connection in the shack which is a bit QRP. No problem on the issues with implementing a "Retry" button, I had assumed that as the failure message doesn't time out that the required code to retry the logbook lookup was easily accessible, but if that is not the case I fully understand the issues. Since no one else has chipped in with similar requests, I am fine with just clearing the B4 cache when this happens. Normally it is pretty obvious where a station is running a frequency and continues to call after a QSO, I have to be pretty distracted not to notice that I have just worked them.

73
Bill
G4WJS.

Bill