locked Re: Zones Problem

Jim N6VH

On 5/10/2020 6:20 PM, WB8ASI Herb wrote:
...and Log4OM also has the correct zones in its Main UI window, however something goes wrong upon the logging of the QSO.  It happens over and over again.  Guess we need more chatter on the Log4OM forum to get some attention.  Jim, I switched to HamQTH per your suggestion.  73 Herb WB8ASI

Herb,

Testing with the call N3BNA, Log4OM has the zones as CQ 5 and ITU 6, and it gets logged that way. ITU should be 8. This happens whether I have Log4OM set to do no lookups, lookups from QRZ, or from HamQTH. It seems that if Log4OM doesn't know the correct zone, it enters either a "5" or "0" for the CQ zone and "6" for ITU. The odd thingis, HamQTH does have the correct zones, but they apparently weren't used, even when I had lookups set for HamQTH.

You're right - we should put this discussion on the Log4OM forum, since the problem is clearly not on the JTAlert end, and there is really nothing that can be done about it in JTAlert.

73,

Jim N6VH