locked Re: JTAlert 2.16.5 not highlighting Wanted Callsigns consistently?

Jim Reisert AD1C

Thanks Laurie. I did not know about the priorities. I assumed a
Wanted Callsign would always be the highest priority. I don't know
why anyone would not want it this way. Presumably, you added it
because you NEED to see that call highlighted for some reason.

73 - Jim

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 4:23 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA) via groups.io
<vk3ama.ham.apps=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

On 11/05/2020 3:10 am, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:

Laurie, thanks for updating JTAlert in anticipation of the new RC of WSJT-X.

It seems that 2.16.5 may not be highlighting Wanted Callsigns
consistently. Example: KM4MQC is calling CQ on 10 meter FT8. I
right-clicked and added the call to my Wanted Callsigns list. The
next time he called CQ, JTAlert still showed a light-blue background
instead of a purple background.

Earlier to test this, I reverted to 2.16.4, and I did the same thing
for K1DG when he was calling CQ on 17m. His Wanted Callsign
highlighted as expected.

Has anyone else noticed this?

--
Jim Reisert AD1C

Jim,

This is not a defect, but expected behavior when a Wanted Callsign is generating other Alerts.

A Wanted Callsign alert is, by default, lower in priority than all the other Wanted Alerts.
Any higher priority triggered Alerts will influence how the Callsign is colored overriding any potential Wanted Call coloring.

If you had added a Callsign that was not generating any Alerts as a Wanted Callsign then when next decoded the Callsign would have been colored with the Wanted Alert colors.

You can adjust the Alert priorities under the "Alerts->Alerts Priority" section of the Settings window.

Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us