locked Re: Zones Problem

WB8ASI Herb

...and Log4OM also has the correct zones in its Main UI window, however something goes wrong upon the logging of the QSO.  It happens over and over again.  Guess we need more chatter on the Log4OM forum to get some attention.  Jim, I switched to HamQTH per your suggestion.  73 Herb WB8ASI

On May 10, 2020 at 9:07 PM Jim N6VH <N6VH@...> wrote:

Dave,

That isn't true. Log4OM does receive the correct zones from JTAlert, unless JTAlert doesn't have a zone to send (very rare). The problem is what Log4OM does with the info. As I already said in an earlier post, if Log4OM is set to do lookups, it will overwrite the info that is sent to it from JTAlert. If it doesn't get the ifo from QRZ (or wherever) it puts in either a "0" or a zone number that might not be correct. In the case of a station in the US, that will be "5" for the CQ zone. As I said in an earlier post, I tested this both with and without using lookups in Log4OM. If I didn't have Log4OM do lookups, it used the zones sent to it from JTAlert. If I had Log4OM do lookups from QRZ, using a call that QRZ didn't have zones for, then it used arbitrary zone numbers rather than the zones from JTAlert. So, yes, Log4OM does get the zones from JTAlert. The problem is what it does with them.

73,

Jim N6VH

On 5/10/2020 4:03 PM, Dave Garber wrote:
That's what I was trying to say.  Log4om is not receiving any correct info on itu and cq zones from j talert.

sent by my LG phone

On Sun, May 10, 2020, 6:21 PM HamApps Support (VK3AMA), < vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:
On 10/05/2020 12:58 pm, Dave Garber wrote:
> I suspect an issue with adi from jtalert

It is not a JTAlert problem. If JTAlert shows zones in the log fields
area, that is what gets sent in the ADIF packet to Log4OM.

If a zone is unknown than there will be no zone data in the adif packet
sent. JTAlert deliberately does not send any Zone numbers if the value
is NOT greater than zero. Similarly any data fields that are empty the
corresponding adif field is simply not included in the adif packet. That
is JTAlert only includes adif fields for non-empty and non-zero (> 1)
data fields.

The problem is clearly with Log4OM V2.