locked Re: New State question

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 21/04/2020 9:07 am, Steve wrote:

I am using JTDX and JTAlert 2.16.4.  When a new state pops up, it says New State which is great.  However, I can never click on the call and have it start the QSO as it does with any other call in Green.  What am I doing wrong with settings?  Also, why do I see a lot of calls in JTDX calling CQ but they don’t come up in JTAlert?

Thanks.

73, Steve NA6G

If your seeing decodes in JTDX that are not being displayed in JTAlert then likely you have one or more Alert filters set in JTAlert. eg, if you have the LoTW only filter set, than only decodes of known LoTW users will be displayed. Check your filters.

As for JTDX not responding to Callsign clicks from JTAlert, that is likely due to limitations of the JTDX code. I vaguely recall some mention of JTDX restricting which decodes it will respond to when clicked in JTAlert. The easiest way to check if it is a JTDX limitation is to run WSJT-X (without JTDX running) and see if WSJT-X responds to the Callsign clicks that JTDX typically does not.