locked Re: Decodes Window Opens but will not maximize

WB8ASI Herb

Yes Brad,  I use Win10 and run 3 monitors.  Seems if you move a monitor or shut one down, the screen has to find somewhere to go.  When you start up again with all screens, the lost screen shifts off screen somewhere.  You'll see it again I'm sure.  Easy to retrieve once you figure out what happened.  Good luck. 73, Herb

On April 13, 2020 at 8:20 PM Brad Adams <brad@...> wrote:

Herb!

You nailed it. Have never seen that before, but it took several strokes to bring it on screen from the left monitor moving it to the right. Is this something you have seen with Windows 10 and other programs as well? I am running three monitors also. Wonder why it went off screen? Closed the window and it came right back where is was and is working just fine.

Thanks & 73

Brad

N4PYI

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of WB8ASI Herb
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2020 6:43 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Decodes Window Opens but will not maximize

Maybe it is open but off screen.  Shift Right Click on it in the tool bar...then Move...and use the arrow keys to bring it back on screen.  73, Herb

On April 13, 2020 at 7:38 PM Brad Adams <brad@...> wrote:

Laurie,

I went through the process as you described it, and JT Alert will still not open the decodes window. I did try one other thing, not sure of this means anything or not. I went to the x86/hamapps/jtalert/plugins folder and tried to run the executable for JTAlertV2.decodes.exe. I got an error message “bad command line parameters”. I attached a screen shot of the error.

Thanks for a great application. Don’t want to be a nag, but I sure like the decodes window!

Brad

N4PYI

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of HamApps Support (VK3AMA)
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2020 9:11 PM
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Decodes Window Opens but will not maximize

On 13/04/2020 9:10 am, Brad Adams wrote:

I recently upgraded my computer and in the process moved from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10 Professional. I am running JT Alert version 2.16.4 and using the Alternate view build. Upon opening the Decodes window, the window appears to open, (flashes on screen for a second) then minimizes and will not maximize. Upon hovering over the icon in the taskbar, the aero window appears but it appears as a white box. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks
Brad, N4PYI

Brad,

This is a new one.  It might be Decodes is choking trying to open its database file.
Try the following...

• Shutdown JTAlert
  • Open TaskManager and kill the JTAlertV2.Decodes.exe process if it is still running.
  • Using Windows file explorer delete the "Decode" directory and all its files & sub-directories.
    It will be found at %localappdata%\HamApps\JTAlert\<your_callsign>\Decode
  • Start JTAlert and open the Decodes window.

Let me know if this works for you.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.