locked Re: KH6 as FL ? #HamSpots

Martin Blaise

Dxcc?

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 9:32 AM Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hawaii is USA...so what award treats Hawaii as a country?

de Mike W9MDB

On Friday, April 10, 2020, 09:28:33 AM CDT, Charlie Hoffman <hoffmanc@...> wrote:

I wish that the callsigns still reflected their zone but with today's mobile society it would be
almost impossible.   I still prefer the old way where all w4's were in the SE of the USA.

I have a similar issue with certain callsigns.
I worked an Hawaiian station and he coded his location as USA instead of Hawaii.

Interesting problem because logging award programs give me credit for the state of Hawaii but not for the country of Hawaii.

The owner of the callsign will not change his location so until I work another 6m station on Hawaii, I don't have the country.