locked Re: Audio Alerts Delayed

John Petrocelli

Thanks Mike,

   I shall do so the next time it manifests itself.

   I am running the latest version.

   I also turned off the Decodes History as that seems to have a lag of its own.

John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
Primary Home Page:
   http://wa2hip.com
On 4/9/2020 4:21 PM, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:

What version are you running?  I had reported this problem before....so if you are running the latest 2.16.4 Laurie added some debug to find out what's going on.

Turn on Settings/Enable Debug Recording -- duplicate the problem and note the time it occurs and send in the bug report via Help/Contact Support

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, April 9, 2020, 11:16:16 AM CDT, John Petrocelli via groups.io <jrpetro@...> wrote:

Hello,

   I continue to notice that in some instances, the audio alerts (EG. CQ & Own Call) can be delayed for up to 10 seconds.

   The decoded callsigns are populated quickly and display status colors promptly, so it seems to not be related to this.

   I have tried several different variations including only running WSJT-X & JTAlert -- no other activities or programs running.

   I have also turned off Band Activity display AND even elevated the process priority to "Above Normal" and "High"

  My environment:
    Win 7  x64 with 8GB RAM with a 1TB HDD
   I use only ADIF logging
   There are about 108,000 records in the ADIF file that is read at startup

Has anyone else seen this behavior ???

Suggestions are welcome !
--

John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP