locked Re: Dual Monitors and The Disappearing Menu - Relationship Discovered

WB8ASI Herb

Always thought is was related to multi monitors and Win10.  I lasted a long time with the old regular version with multiple monitors, but some where along the line I finally lost my menus with JTAlert.   Tried a few changes, but finally just went to the Alt Version and all is well since.  Told Laurie to dump the old version and just use the Alt.  It's like no difference, and works great.   No reason to hang on to the old regular version unless I'm missing something which I haven't missed.  73, Herb WB8ASI

On April 6, 2020 at 8:52 PM Michael Ernst <mernst@...> wrote:

Gene,

I run dual monitors and have not had any issues with menu displays. I can provide mt settings tomorrow if you wish.

Thanks
Mike, AE8U

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

-------- Original message --------
From: "Gene, K5PA" <k5pa@...>
Date: 4/6/20 20:35 (GMT-05:00)
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Dual Monitors and The Disappearing Menu - Relationship Discovered

That is interesting. Here are my hardware configurations.
Computer is the XPS-8930, 32 GB Memory, 64-bit, x64-based processor
Display 1 is the Dell ST2421L, 60 Hz, 8-bit, RGB, Standard dynamic range (SDR), 1920x1080 resolution. Video Card is Intel UHD Graphics 630.
Display 2 is the Dell 2407WFP-HC,, 60 Hz, 8-bit, RGB, Standard dynamic range (SDR), 1920x1200 resolution. Video card is NVIDIA GeForce GT1030
I normally have my programs running on Display 2.

I changed the resolution on Display 2 so it matches the 1920x1080 and had the same result where the menu does not show correctly if I extend the monitors. It is correct if I replicate the monitors or only show one monitor active.
I will have to do some more thinking about this.
Gene, K5PA