If they are calling CQ you can look at the Grid, that's a pretty good indicator.
73, N0AN
Hasan

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 12:19 PM Dale Avery <WU7X@...> wrote:

Would it not be common courtesy to sign /6 for other hams so we could know where you are located?  When I am working FT8 and trying to finish 10, 15 & 17 M (already have 20-160m FT8 WAS), it would be nice to be able to skip the calls of stations in areas I no longer need. I’ll soon be working on finishing up SSB and CW WAS and would really appreciate my fellow hams to sign their calls with the areas they are in.

Best 73 & DX

Dale Avery WU7X

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Jim Brown
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 11:11 PM
To: Support@hamapps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Guam on country list

I passed my Extra in 1959, and the deal then was that after 25 yrs you could apply for a 1x2 call. Well before 25 yrs rolled around, FCC reformed licensing to make our license an Operator's License, with no designated QTH, only a mailing address, and our call became  our call anywhere in the US and territories, any Extras could apply for a 2-letter call. By then, I was off the air, out of touch with ham radio, with W9NEC. It was 2005, and I was still in Chicago, and had been back on the air for two years when I applied for K9YC. And, like you, I kept it when I moved to NorCal in 2006. The only times I sign /6 are when working E-skip on 6M CW, so that stations I'm calling won't turn their beams in the wrong direction! There are hams living in CA with KP4 calls, in AZ with KH7 calls, and so on. Our contest club includes more than a dozen refugees like me with W1, K2, N3, W4, K5, W8, W9, and W0 calls. All but two have lived here for decades.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 9:13 PM K9FD <merv.k9fd@...> wrote:

I have been in KH6 for 20 years,  kept my ILL call sign K9FD
its getting long enough now that many recognize my call and DXCC,

JTalert shows my state correct,   good enough for me.

Merv K9FD  Molokai Island Hawaii

I have a friend that has an Alaska callsign (KL7) even though he lives in 9 land.
He lived in Alaska for 6 years and got his vanity call sign while working there then moved back home.
David
AK9F

On 3/23/2020 11:33 PM, Jim Cooper wrote:

On 23 Mar 2020 at 17:41, K9FD wrote:

NH2 is Guam,  so is AH2 etc etc,

NH2A shows up as Guam when I saw him on today. KH2 is Guam.
Thanks
but if you look at QRZ.com, THAT particular ham
is no longer living in Guam even though he kept his
Guam callsign ...  I suspect that was the point Roger
was trying to make.

w2jc