locked Re: Alert Sound delay !

John Petrocelli

Hello.,

   Thank you for the critique.  I do appreciate it.

   I am running Windows 7 x64 with 8GB RAM & 1TB HDD

   Also, Radio is Icom 7200 & using a Signal Link USB interface.

   *** I have noticed that:
             When I have the "Decodes history" displayed, populating the screen is usually delayed.

             On a guess, I turned off the "Show Decodes" in the settings.
             So far in 18 hours I have not seen the audio alert delay which I previously mentioned.

  Note that I do not use the "Decodes Window" so turning it off is not an issue,
   BUT it may (seems) to have eliminated the problem of the audio alerts being significantly delayed.

73
John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
Primary Home Page:
   http://wa2hip.com
On 3/19/2020 11:18 AM, m_scot_alex wrote:

This is why it's helpful to let everyone know what your operating conditions are in your original post because everyone is left guessing in its absence.

73,

Mike - N8MSA

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 01:14 PM, John Petrocelli wrote:
I could see this possibility if I was running Windows 10.

HOWEVER, I am running Windows 7
John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP
Primary Home Page:
   http://wa2hip.com