locked Re: [Ham-Apps] Color Coding In Jt-Alert-X - BUG Confirmed.

Ed Wilson

Thanks, Laurie!

Another problem which I have observed is that sometimes when I am in a QSO and JT-Alert-X shows the call of the station that I am working in red, another station who is working someone else is also shown in red. I am not sure from your description below if this is fixed in your next release, but I did want to point it out.

I do not recall seeing any of these issues with JT-Alert as you mention below.

Thanks again for another great program (or actually a great addition to an already great program).

Ed, K0KC

To: Ham-Apps@...
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 5:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Ham-Apps] Color Coding In Jt-Alert-X - BUG Confirmed.

Ed,

This is a BUG in JT-Alert-X, JT-Alert is fine. Already corrected for the next release.
I have chosen not to create a new fix file since so many people have trouble with the relatively simple instructions needed to copy and replace a file.

Without getting too technical...
JT-Alert-X reads a file generated by WSJT-X that contains the new decodes for the current session. When there are many decodes and WSJT-X is slow to process, JT-Alert-X will often have to reread this file 2 or 3 times as the file changes, even after a suitable waiting time for the file to become stable. The result of this reprocessing is that you may observe the number of callsigns displayed in JT-Alert-X increase after a brief flash of the callsigns as they are erased ready for the new callsign list. This is normal. However, in order to display the callsigns left-to-right following the left-to-right DF order (lowest to highest), The list of decodes has to be sorted before display. If a new callsign is received after the first round of display and it has a lower DF than previous callsigns, it has the effect of pushing the callsigns to the left as it is inserted into the sorted list. This is also normal.  The bug was commented out code (during testing) that explicitly erased the previous background color of the callsign slot.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 23/04/2013 3:13 AM, Ed Wilson wrote:
Now I have noticed another problem. Two call signs were coded green in JT-Alert-X and only one of those stations was calling CQ; the other one was just in a QSO.

Ed, K0KC

To: "Ham-Apps@..."
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 12:21 PM
Subject: [Ham-Apps] Coloor Coding In Jt-Alert-X

Colleagues,

I noticed today that I can have multiple CQs in a given minute in WSJT-X (color-coded green) and yet only some of them show-up in green in JT-Alert-X. The ones that do not show-up in green are black on white which is my default for "non-alert" call signs. Is this a setting that I have missed or is it a bug?

Ed, K0KC

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.