From: "Laurie, VK3AMA"
To: Ham-Apps@...
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 5:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Ham-Apps] Color Coding In Jt-Alert-X - BUG Confirmed.

Ed,

This is a BUG in JT-Alert-X, JT-Alert is fine. Already corrected for the next release.
I have chosen not to create a new fix file since so many people have trouble with the relatively simple instructions needed to copy and replace a file.

Without getting too technical...
JT-Alert-X reads a file generated by WSJT-X that contains the new decodes for the current session. When there are many decodes and WSJT-X is slow to process, JT-Alert-X will often have to reread this file 2 or 3 times as the file changes, even after a suitable waiting time for the file to become stable. The result of this reprocessing is that you may observe the number of callsigns displayed in JT-Alert-X increase after a brief flash of the callsigns as they are erased ready for the new callsign list. This is normal. However, in order to display the callsigns left-to-right following the left-to-right DF order (lowest to highest), The list of decodes has to be sorted before display. If a new callsign is received after the first round of display and it has a lower DF than previous callsigns, it has the effect of pushing the callsigns to the left as it is inserted into the sorted list. This is also normal.  The bug was commented out code (during testing) that explicitly erased the previous background color of the callsign slot.

de Laurie VK3AMA

On 23/04/2013 3:13 AM, Ed Wilson wrote:
Now I have noticed another problem. Two call signs were coded green in JT-Alert-X and only one of those stations was calling CQ; the other one was just in a QSO.

Ed, K0KC