locked Re: Alert Sound delay !

John Petrocelli

I could see this possibility if I was running Windows 10.

HOWEVER, I am running Windows 7
John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
Primary Home Page:
   http://wa2hip.com
On 3/18/2020 4:31 PM, Michael Black via Groups.Io wrote:
I think Microsoft has hosed another update.  Since the last update a week or so ago I'm seeing all sorts of delays in all sorts of applications.

de Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 11:28:20 AM CDT, John Petrocelli via Groups.Io <jrpetro@...> wrote:

I have noticed since version 2.16, there is a tendency for the alert
sounds to suddenly be delayed for 5 to 10 seconds into the next decode
period of WSJT-X.

Sometimes the is self-correcting, but more often than not it is
necessary to restart JTAlert. Sometimes it is even necessary to do a
system restart.

I have watched the CPU usage with Task Manager in the Tray and have not
seen excessive CPU usage during the occurrences  and the memory usage is
not excessive either.

Has anyone else noticed this ?

John R. Petrocelli - WA2HIP
Primary Home Page: