locked Re: RB-Ham Spots banned

rob05836 <ab1nj@...>

I hadn't seen that setting before, and as you said, it was defaulted to 'on'. I just unchecked it. Thanks and 73,

Rob AB1NJ

--- In Ham-Apps@yahoogroups.com.au, "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@...> wrote:

Have you checked the Ham-Spots setting in JT-Alert-X? I found it was
defaulted to ON (at least in the beta) and I was sending spots there
that I did not know about.

As far as I know, WSJT-X only reports to PSK Reporter.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 4/22/2013 9:44 AM, rob05836 wrote:
Joe, I do have PSK reporter unchecked, but I guess there is no way to turn off RB reports (as there is in JT65-HF with separate checkboxes)?

Rob AB1NJ

--- In Ham-Apps@yahoogroups.com.au, "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@> wrote:

Have you enabled spotting through WSJT-X or JT-Alert-X?

In JT-Alert-X: select Settings | Manage Settings | Web Services
and uncheck "Enable" in the HamSpots.net - Send decoded spots
box.

In WSJT-X: Select Setup | Configuration | Station and uncheck
"Enable PSK Reporter"

Those two steps will prevent reporting JT9 spots. I have made
those changes to prevent reporting incorrect frequencies until
WSJT-X has a *working* bidirectional CAT capability (or JT-Alert
adds an independent ability to determine frequency from DXLab
Suite/Commander).

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 4/22/2013 9:22 AM, rob05836 wrote:
Well I guess I got myself banned from hamspots this morning.. I was
using WSJTX and forgot to change bands in the dropdown list and must
have made a bunch of erroneous reports. Now I can't even make a spot,
or even get spotted on JT65-HF.

Is there some way to avoid this happening? I know I will forget it
again. Makes me not want to use WSJTX.

Rob AB1NJ

Yahoo!7 Groups Links

Yahoo!7 Groups Links